Choosing the right metal for an engagement ring or wedding ring is just as important for picking out the right diamond cut and style. When choosing the perfect ring, everything has to be perfect, right?! Of course it does...no exceptions!
Lucky for you, the platinum jewelry at ItsHot.com is made of finest quality grade. The sharp white tone of platinum gives diamonds an extra kick. You’ll have a ring that will still look amazing 50 years from now.
With a mirror like shine, it will enhance the color and contrast of any stone set in it. You can also opt for a matte or brushed finish. Men usually prefer this look because it gives the metal a tough and industrial look. Today, it is the most popular metal for jewelry because of its versatility and durability.
Did you know that a platinum ring will stay the same color for a lifetime? It sure will. Platinum is one of those metals that require 0 upkeep to maintain its original color.
Platinum’s competitor, white gold, is close in the running, but becomes complacent in the fact that it will start to discolor and turn yellow over time. Essentially, that’s because all gold is traditionally yellow in color. It is made to appear white with the addition of certain alloys. So the color of platinum is ultimately whiter than white gold.
If platinum is scratched, It will not lose any metal and it does not wear away over time. Unlike other metals, platinum does not expand or distort when exposed to heat, and it never tarnishes. Instead, it ages beautifully by developing a lustrous patina.
Platinum is also hypoallergenic. Because it is a pure metal, it is a great alternative for those with allergies to silver or gold. Metal allergic reactions of the skin can come in many forms: itchy skin, redness of the affected area (earlobes is a common area), rashes from dryness, and swelling. With platinum, you don’t have to worry about any of these symptoms.
The majority of our platinum jewelry is 95 percent pure platinum combined with 5 percent of other alloys. For guaranteed quality in platinum make sure you look for a 950 plat, plat, pt, or platinum stamp. This will ensure you are getting the highest quality platinum. Being a very dense metal and heavier than most metals, it is commonly used as a secure diamond setting.
CLEANING AND CARE OF YOUR PLATINUM JEWELRY
Now that you know the value of platinum, it’s only right that we educate you on how to care for and clean your platinum jewelry.
Caring For Your Platinum Jewelry
- Remove any platinum jewelry before handling any harsh chemical that can cause damage to the platinum and any gemstones. These harmful chemicals include bleach and ammonia. For instance, some people like to put a little bleach in their dishwater. If that’s a cleaning technique you use, that’s fine. Just be sure to remove any type of jewelry that may come in contact with the bleach.
- Keep your platinum jewelry stored in a different area, away from other pieces of jewelry. Doing this prevents any scratches on your platinum from other jewelry you may have.
- Take your platinum jewelry to a professional at least twice a year to be checked. For instance, if you have a platinum wedding ring, and your setting has loosened over time, your jeweler can fix that while checking out your ring.
Cleaning Your Platinum Jewelry
- Purchase a jewelry cleaning solution specifically for platinum jewelry (sometimes you’ll find cleaning solutions that say it’s made for gold and platinum jewelry, and that’s fine too).
- You can also make a mixture of mild soap and warm water to clean your platinum.
- Use a soft brush to scrub your metal gently.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Dry with a lint-free cloth
While we recommend that your jewelry should be cared for by a reputable professional, a good general rule of thumb to keep, is to clean your platinum jewelry with soap and warm water and a light buff with a polishing cloth. That is usually all that is required to maintain the metal's luster.
View our beautiful platinum jewelry: Diamond Engagement Rings in Platinum, Men's Platinum Wedding Bands, Ladies Platinum Wedding Rings, Platinum Diamond Eternity Bands, Men's Platinum Rings, Women's Platinum Rings.