Where Is the Best Place to Buy Gold Chains?
Now that hip-hop fashion has started influencing mainstream fashion, there are more places to find real gold chains for sale than ever. Although this means that you can now shop a wide variety of gold chain styles for men and for women, it can be hard to distinguish the best places to buy gold chains from the places to avoid.
First of all, most stores like to claim that they’re “the best place to buy men’s gold chains” or that you’re buying a “real gold chain for a good price.” Unfortunately, the world of marketing language makes it hard to compare gold chain prices and quality on the spot. You don’t want to end up buying a 14K gold-plated gold chain because it’s “on sale” when you could find that the price of a 14K solid gold chain for sale at another store is actually cheaper.
Before deciding where to buy a gold chain, you want to be equipped with some important facts on gold chain vendors—including what the different types of business models mean and the pros and cons of buying gold chains online vs in-store. It’s totally possible to buy authentic cheap gold chains online and in-store, you just have to know what to look for.
Fortunately, here at ItsHot, we’ve got the information you need to find out where to buy high-quality gold chain necklaces for low prices. In our gold chain guide, we’ll cover the factors you can use to find the best place to buy gold chains online, where to get real gold chains at a store, and what to look out for when buying a cheap gold chain at an auction or marketplace.
Quick Navigation [Hide]
- Online Manufacturer and Wholesale Stores
- Middle-Man Online Retail Stores
- Marketplaces like Amazon
- Brick-and-Mortar Stores
- Gold Chain Buying Tips
- Where to Buy a Gold Chain in NYC
Online Manufacturer and Wholesale Stores
When looking for where to buy gold chains online, many people fail to consider whether or not the online gold chain store is the manufacturer or a middle-man retailer. The difference is that a jewelry manufacturer makes and sells their gold chains directly to you, while a middle-man retailer sells gold chains that they purchased from another business.
If you buy gold chains directly from the manufacturer’s website, you’re getting a significant discount compared to other retail websites and stores. This is because the middle-man retailer has to profit on top of what they paid for—they can’t sell gold chains at wholesale prices because that’s what they paid. Thus, they increase the price.
Manufacturers, on the other hand, are able to provide gold chains for sale at discounted prices or in wholesale bulk orders because they don’t need to tack on any extra cost. Not every gold chain manufacturer sells directly to the consumer, but many (like ItsHot) sell both discounted gold chains to customers and wholesale gold chains to retail stores.
Buying wholesale gold chains is a common practice for retail businesses that wish to sell gold chains online or in a local store. If you’ve ever shopped in a boutique, there’s a good chance that they bought the jewelry that they’re selling from a wholesale jewelry supplier.
Pros of Buying from a Jewelry Wholesaler or Manufacturer
Now that you know you can buy men's gold chains online from the manufacturer even if you’re not a retailer, let’s get into the pros and cons of buying gold chains online from a wholesaler/manufacturer.
- It costs less: Because manufacturers sell jewelry to both retailers and customers, they are able to go through their inventory quickly. This means they can offer large discounts on gold chains and frequently offer clearance sales on gold chains—sometimes up to 80% off.
- Save on shipping: You can often buy gold chains with free shipping from a manufacturer, if you meet their minimum payment. Finding free shipping on jewelry is especially useful for those who want to purchase gold chains in bulk or other wholesale jewelry. In middle-man online retail jewelry websites, the shipping costs can add up significantly.
- Profitable for your business: Because manufacturer-produced jewelry is so much cheaper, you can resell gold chains at their retail cost in your online store or small business store.
- More eco-friendly: Because you can buy wholesale jewelry in bulk, it reduces packaging materials, creating less waste.
- Personalize your choice: Manufacturers that sell bulk gold chains often provide different in-stock styles for quality gold chains. For example, if you’re looking to buy gold rope chains online, a manufacturer may offer gold chains in yellow gold, white gold, and rose gold. They may even sell custom gold chain necklaces for men and women. A middle-man store may have fewer options in-stock, or no option for personalized gold chains.
- Affiliate programs available: If you’re looking for where to buy gold chains online for business purposes, some wholesale jewelry sellers have affiliate programs for e-commerce stores. Signing your business up for one of these programs helps convert more traffic to your jewelry website and drives higher revenue on your products.
- Access exclusive products: Buying wholesale gives you the opportunity to buy unique gold chains that might not be available elsewhere. If you ask for wholesale jewelry options, you can often have exclusive access to the manufacturer’s hidden products. By re-selling these gold chains, you don’t have to worry about competition between your store and the wholesale website
The best place to buy gold chains online to browse high quality, authentic gold chains on sale for low prices is at a reputable manufacturer store, such as ItsHot. A good jewelry wholesaler is also the best place online to buy gold chains for your store.
Here at ItsHot, we offer manufacturer gold chains for sale directly to the consumer, as well as low-priced wholesale gold chains. We offer real gold chains for sale for women and men, such as rope chains, Miami Cuban link chains, Figaro chains, Franco chains, curb chains, and more—in a variety of metal types and gold colors.
We also provide custom chain necklaces for sale that cost less than they would in retail stores. Our custom personalized gold chains allow you to choose your own diamond colors or gemstones, metal type, length, chain link type, design, and more.
If you own an online jewelry store and want to get paid commission for referring us to your customers as a good place to buy gold chains in more styles, join our affiliate program to get 6% commissions on all jewelry products (8% if monthly sales are over $10,000). We will pay you for any of your customers who take you up on your referral and buy from ItsHot.
Cons of Buying from a Jewelry Wholesaler or Manufactuerer
Now that you’re aware of the pros of buying gold chains online from manufactuers, let’s get into some of the cons of buying gold chains from these types of jewelry businesses.
- Some wholesalers require bulk orders: While at ItsHot, we offer gold chains for sale without a minimum quantity requirement, some jewelry wholesale websites require a minimum order for buying their discounted jewelry. Not everyone wants to buy 15 real gold chains at once, and if you’re just starting up a new small business that sells gold chains, you might not know how long it will take to sell your inventory.
- Some online manufactuers require membership: Some online jewelry manufacturer stores require customers to pay a membership fee (like you would at Costco or BJ’s). If you don’t buy fine jewelry often enough to warrant a membership, or if your small business doesn’t go through its inventory quickly enough to make regular jewelry orders, you may wish to avoid stores that require you to pay for a membership. Instead, opt for free jewelry wholesale memberships or buy from a manufacturer that doesn’t require membership.
- Bulk orders require storage space: If you own a jewelry business and want to purchase bulk gold chains at a discount, you’ll need enough convenient space to store your bulk jewelry once you get it. If you have a small store or a kiosk, it can be hard to find where to store your gold chain orders.
- Not all manufacturers provide high-quality, stylish gold chains: There are many jewelry manufacturer businesses around the world. Not all of them are experts in sourcing diamonds, crafting gold chain links, or keeping up with the styles. You need to find a manufacturer who sells jewelry that meets your needs in terms of quality, prices, and styles.
- Brands are limited at manufacturer stores: Manufacturers won’t sell a wide variety of brands like standard retail stores. Since they make their own jewelry, they might only sell their own gold chain brands, or they may offer a limited number of other fine jewelry brands for sale.
The main problem with buying gold chains from a manufacturer comes down to the different requirements that some wholesalers may demand. If you’re only looking to buy a single white gold rope chain necklace, even for the discounted cost, you won’t benefit from a store that requires you to pay a membership fee or meet a bulk quantity number.
Furthermore, if you’re a new jewelry business, you might not yet be able to afford to buy bulk. That’s why many successful retailers take out a business loan to buy wholesale jewelry so that they can offer a variety of gold chains styles for sale to their customers and establish their name more quickly. If you don’t have much data on your customer demands, however, you won’t know what gold chains to buy in bulk yet.
If you like gold chains and also run a business, you could buy cheap gold chain necklaces for yourself and sell the rest. Some wholesalers have a low minimum for wholesale jewelry requirements, so it could be easy to make up for the cost.
Something to look out for when buying wholesale gold chains is where the business is located and in what country are their gold chains are made. You can often buy cheap gold-plated gold chains from China, but the styles might not match local styles in the US. For example, ItsHot is located right in New York City, so gold chains from other countries won’t exactly compare to our NYC-style gold chains.
What to Look For in Manufacturer Websites
To assure you’re getting the best deals and quality, there are a few things to look for in wholesale jewelry websites or manufacturer-to-customer websites that sell gold chains:
- Reputable reviews from buyers
- Name recognition from other businesses or websites
- Available terms and conditions for affiliate programs
- Clear return policies and warranty information
- Fast response time for customer contact
- Gold chain prices that reflect market standards
- Information on the location of the physical store or warehouse
- Gold chains made in the USA
- Free shipping on jewelry orders
- Vast inventory options and a regular introduction of new products
The last thing you want to end up doing is buying gold chains in bulk that don’t meet your expectations. You might feel like you’re getting a good deal on real gold chains, only to find out that their quality is lacking.
Before placing large orders on bulk jewelry, it’s a good idea to establish good communication with your manufacturer/seller before placing the order.
Middle-Man Online Retail Stores
Regular Price: $1,450.00
Special Price $720.00As low as: $320.00Earn 3,600 ItsHot Reward Points
Regular Price: $3,995.00
Special Price $2,195.00Earn 10,975 ItsHot Reward Points
Regular Price: $3,995.00
Special Price $2,195.00As low as: $1,145.00Earn 10,975 ItsHot Reward Points
Another way to buy real gold chains online is to shop online jewelry retail stores. Gold chains for sale online at middle-man retail stores are often more expensive than buying gold chains from wholesale or manufacturer retail jewelry because they didn’t make their necklaces themselves, but had to purchase their inventory from a “middle-man.”
That being said, middle-man retail stores can provide good deals on gold chains or specific gold chain luxury brands that you might not be able to find elsewhere.
Pros of Buying from Middle-Man Online Jewelry Stores
Let’s discuss some of the reasons why you may want to buy gold chains online from middle-man retail stores.
- Easier to shop the entire inventory at once
- Access a greater number of different jewelry brands
- Easy to buy small quantities of jewelry
- Membership is rarely required for purchase
- Faster shipping and returns
- Support local online retail businesses
If you’re looking for a few pieces of jewelry to add to your collection, if you want to explore different gold chain styles, or if you want to support local retail businesses with whom you can more easily form a connection, online middle-man retail stores are a good way to buy gold chains online. You just have to know what a good deal on gold chains looks like and if the gold chain you’re buying is of high quality or not.
Cons of Buying from Middle-Man Online Jewelry Stores
Here are some of the reasons why you may want to avoid middle-man retail store websites when deciding where to buy gold chains online.
- More expensive than buying from the manufacturer
- Reduced profit margin if you’re re-selling jewelry in your store
- More packaging materials on large orders
- Buying larger quantities adds up
- Limited access to exclusive designs
- Cheap options may be low-quality and still overpriced
- No affiliate profits for businesses
Although you can still find gold chains on sale for good deals online from middle-man retailers, the quality can vary greatly, and you could still likely get a better deal from a manufacturer’s website.
If you run your own small business, you make less profit when you resell jewelry purchased from standard online retail stores. You have to charge on top of the price of the retailer.
Marketplaces like Amazon
Regular Price: $499.00
Special Price $259.00Earn 1,295 ItsHot Reward Points
Regular Price: $194.00
Special Price $134.00As low as: $75.00Earn 670 ItsHot Reward Points
Regular Price: $995.00
Special Price $499.00As low as: $306.30Earn 2,495 ItsHot Reward Points
Another option if you’re looking for where to buy cheap gold chains is shopping online marketplaces. A marketplace is a platform that hosts different sellers who offer their products or services to the website’s customer base.
If you’ve ever looked into buying gold chain necklaces on Amazon, you may have noticed that there are numerous sellers who offer their gold chains for sale there, but many popular styles or brands might not be available. Furthermore, the average gold chain prices seem to be really inconsistent—even changing from one day to the next.
Why do Amazon’s prices change so often? How can you know if you’re getting a good deal or not? Let’s get into it.
Pros of Buying Gold Chains from Marketplaces
- Free shipping is often available
- You can find one-day or two-day shipping on gold chains
- You can access gold chains from sellers who don’t have their own website
- Easy to check reviews
- Fast shipping
- Pre-ordering sometimes available
- Special deals on certain days
- Better for costume jewelry, diamond simulants
Buying gold chains from marketplaces like Amazon can be more convenient than buying from other places that sell gold chains online. You can often get gold chains with free shipping and fast shipping, although it may require membership.
Additionally, it’s easy to check gold chain reviews, which can make you more confident in your purchases. You can also view sellers who only sell their gold chains on Amazon since they don’t have a physical store or their own website.
However, the pros of buying from Amazon or other marketplaces aren’t as beneficial when looking to buy gold chain necklaces or other real gold jewelry. It’s unlikely that you will find real diamond chain necklaces or even real solid gold chains for good prices at marketplaces, even if products seem to go on sale.
Cons of Buying Gold Chains from Marketplaces
Here are some of the reasons why you might want to avoid looking to buy gold chains on Amazon or other marketplace websites.
- Prices will be higher buying jewelry from Amazon because sellers have to pay Amazon fees for each item they sell, so they increase costs
- Limited brands and sellers for real solid gold chains
- Shipping advantages may require you to pay for a membership
- New sellers often don’t have reviews yet—not all are reputable
- Product images/descriptions may inaccurately describe the gold chain
- Contacting sellers for returns or maintenance can be difficult
- You might not be able to get your money back easily on a poor-quality gold chain
- No rewards points or affiliate sales
- Pricing can go up and down
There are many cons of buying real gold jewelry from Amazon and other e-marketplaces. It can be hard to find a specific style, such as an 14K gold Cuban link chain or a rose gold rope chain for women.
Furthermore, many gold chains for sale on Amazon are more expensive there than in-store or on websites. If you’ve ever wondered why prices on Amazon are higher than in stores, it’s because sellers have to compensate for the fees that they pay Amazon for every item they sell. Furthermore, the reason why Amazon’s prices change so often is that its algorithms change prices every 15 minutes, which makes it hard to know if you’re actually getting a good deal on a gold chain on Amazon.
If a popular gold chain on Amazon becomes particularly in-demand—such as around the holidays—the price will increase significantly, regardless of what the market value of gold or diamonds is. Wayfair is another example of a marketplace with imprecise algorithms that can result in extremely high costs. Just because it’s expensive doesn’t mean a gold chain from Amazon is any good
Contacting the seller about refunding a broken gold chain or returning your necklace if it’s not as good as the picture can be difficult on marketplaces, especially if you bought it from an international seller. Furthermore, you might not be able to find a deal on cheap gold chains at the time that you need them. You might pay $610 on a 10K gold chain necklace “on sale,” only to find that a month later, the price of the gold chain has decreased to $540, or jumped up to $670.
Buying gold chains from online marketplaces isn’t always reliable. Some sellers may seem to completely disappear after they run out of inventory or take a break from selling. This makes it hard to contact them if you want to return a gold chain because their description and photos were misleading. Before buying diamond jewelry on a marketplace, research the gold chain you want to buy, and see if it’s for sale cheaper on a different website. At least make sure you know you can contact the seller.
If you’re wondering, what is a brick-and-mortar jewelry store? A brick-and-mortar store is a traditional street-side store that sells products or services to customers in a physical store. These stores may or may not also have a website where you can also buy their gold chains.
Some people still prefer to buy their gold chains from an actual store, while others prefer shopping for jewelry deals online. Let’s get into the pros and cons of buying gold chains in a store.
Pros of Buying from Brick-and-Mortar Stores
- You can look at the necklaces in-person
- You can try on the gold chains before buying
- Often have more credit plans for financing large purchases
- You can form a relationship with jewelers
- Convenient for instant purchases—no shipping or waiting
- Easy to ask workers questions and get recommendations on gold chains
- Easy to figure out sizing and necklace length
- Support local businesses and brands
There’s something enjoyable from buying gold chains the old-fashioned way. You can get a much better idea of what jewelry looks like in-person than online. It’s easier to tell if a gold chain is too long, or the right necklace length for you. You’ll avoid the mishap of buying a gold chain online only to get it and find it way shorter or thinner than you imagined.
Because gold chains require upkeep, it’s good to establish that relationship in-person, so you can return for questions or annual gold chain cleaning.
Cons of Buying from Brick-and-Mortar Stores
- Not all jewelry sellers are knowledgeable about gold chains
- Workers may prioritize making a sale over educating you on their options
- Often have fewer deals available than online jewelry stores
- Might not have a large gold chain clearance selection, if at all
- Can be harder to compare gold chain prices
Brick-and-mortar stores that sell gold chains allow you to talk face-to-face with employees and buy jewelry conveniently without a shipping cost and delivery wait time. That being said, not every jewelry store is equal when it comes to the expertise or helpfulness of the employees.
The problem is that it can be hard to find an employee who prioritizes the customer’s needs over making their target sales number. They might not show you the cheapest real gold chains for sale, but rather the latest trends, or the biggest brands.
Furthermore, good online stores have detailed search filters to help you find a specific gold chain according to its carat weight, price, size, style, and material. It can be harder to find the best gold chain styles for your personal preferences. Even if the employee leads you to some gold chain styles that suit your preferences, they might neglect to show you other gold chains in their inventory that you could find more easily online.
What to Look For in a Brick-and-Mortar Jewelry Store
The best jewelry stores will have employees who are knowledgeable about their jewelry and put in the effort to meet your desired budget, style preferences, and other criteria for choosing a gold chain, and they will know to direct you towards those products.
The best gold chain stores will also have a website to help you search their inventory on your mobile device while you’re in the store, or they can look it up for you.
Here are some tips for deciding on what store to buy gold chains:
- Be wary of store workers who push certain jewelry pieces regardless of your preferences and budget.
- Be wary of stores that lower gold chain prices right when you’re considering making a purchase.
- Don’t always trust jewelry appraisals that come from inside the store—they might over-appraise their jewelry to make you think you’re getting a good deal on their jewelry.
It’s a good idea to do your research on any jewelry store before buying a real gold chain there, even if you’re in a rush and want to buy something right away.
In case you’re wondering, what is the best place to buy gold necklaces in NYC? Definitely, ItsHot, since we’re located right in Manhattan’s Diamond District and have incredible selections of affordable gold chains made in the USA. Luckily, even if you don’t live in New York City, you can still access our huge inventory of authentic gold chains for sale online!
Regular Price: $2,600.00
Special Price $1,645.00As low as: $1,505.00Earn 8,225 ItsHot Reward Points
Regular Price: $1,800.00
Special Price $1,139.00As low as: $559.00Earn 5,695 ItsHot Reward Points
Regular Price: $40,000.00
Special Price $22,000.00Earn 110,000 ItsHot Reward Points
Are auctions a good place to buy quality gold chains for low prices? It depends. Let’s start with, what is the definition of an auction? An auction is an event where sellers submit their products and display them to potential buyers who will compete by bidding on those assets (or services). Sellers and buyers like gold chain auctions because they believe they will get a good deal.
You can find gold chains for sale at either open or closed auctions. Auctions can also take place online or in-person as a traditional auction, between which there are several differences. Now, what are the risks of buying gold chains from auctions, and what are the potential benefits?
Pros of Buying from Auctions
- Wide range of designs, brands, prices, and styles of gold chains to bid on
- Unique vintage gold chains and antique gold necklace options
- You can win bids on quality gold chains for cheap prices
- You can get gold chains for cheaper than retail prices
- Some sellers are very knowledgeable on fine jewelry and may provide certificates of authenticity or appraisals
Look for auctions are that are conducted by reputable organizers and include only trustworthy and responsible vendors. The bidders may be jewelers who understand the market value, so they’re not going to place bids that drive the price of a gold chain past its retail value.
If you do your research, you may be able to score cheap high end gold chains that you could never find in stores.
Cons of Buying from Auctions
- Buying from auctions takes more time
- You don’t have options for customizing products, choosing a gold chain length, or picking different materials
- Items are second-hand/used
- Auctions can range wildly in terms of their reputability
- Sellers can choose “as is” or “see photo for details” so if you buy a fake gold chain, you can’t return it
- Sellers can produce fake certificates of authenticity in auctions that aren’t regulated by experienced organizers
- Jewelry may need maintenance after you buy it—you might have to take your gold chain in for repairs before wearing it.
Buying a gold chain from an auction is a bit like gambling. Although you’ll always have a better shot of getting a good deal if you do your research, sometimes you still might end up buying a fake gold chain or getting scammed. Other times, bidders may really want to buy the same gold chain as you, and drive the price up past retail value,
Another thing to consider about buying gold chains from an auction is that they’re most likely going to be used. You’ll want to carefully sanitize the necklace before wearing it.
The other problem with second-hand auction necklaces is that it may require you to pay for maintenance or repairs in the near future. It might not come with its original box or papers, making it a bit of a gamble. If you do buy second-hand gold jewelry, you want to know as much as you can about it and make careful repairs to it before you flaunt it.
The best way to bid on gold chains in auctions is to conduct research on the products, seller, auction, and terms and conditions. Don’t impulse bid!
Gold Chain Buying Tips
Regular Price: $4,900.00
Special Price $2,778.00Earn 13,890 ItsHot Reward Points
Regular Price: $1,320.00
Special Price $759.00Earn 3,795 ItsHot Reward Points
Regular Price: $380.00
Special Price $195.00Earn 975 ItsHot Reward Points
When looking to find the best place to buy gold chains, first ask yourself the question, “how much do gold chains cost?” You’ll want to know the average price of a real gold chain, and what factors influence its cost. To help you find good places to buy the best prices on gold chains, here’s our guide on gold chain prices.
Second of all, you want to know what styles of gold chains to look for. There are many different men’s gold chain styles and women’s gold chains to choose from. Know what chain length, link type, material, and vibe you want to go for before buying.
Thirdly, if you’re looking to add a cross pendant or a custom pendant to a gold chain, you might want to know which chains are suitable for the pendant size and weight. Some gold chains are stronger than others thanks to their link formation and material. To find out the best gold chains for a pendant, here’s our guide to the strongest gold chain styles.
For more gold chain tips and tricks, check out our complete guide to buying gold chains in our jewelry facts and education section!
Where to Buy a Gold Chain in NYC
If you’re wondering where is the best place to buy gold chains in New York City, you’re already on the right page. ItsHot is not only the best website to buy quality real gold and silver chain necklaces, but our ItsHot store in NYC is famous for a reason—quality gold chains for low prices.
ItsHot is one of New York City’s choice jewelry stores for many celebrities and trend-setters, and we pride ourselves in our customer service—we have a 1-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee on our gold chains and other jewelry. Our gold chains come with certificates of authenticity to verify the metal type and diamond grade (in case you’re looking to buy iced-out diamond chains from us).
You can trust our inventory to be regularly up-to-date with the latest gold necklace styles and the best prices for men’s gold chains. We keep in touch with the market values of gold and gemstones, so you don’t have to overpay. Even our cheapest gold chains are real and made by experts with years of experience in fine gold jewelry making.
If you’re thinking of stopping in to buy real gold chains in New York City, check out our About IsHot to find out more about our diamond jewelry store in Manhattan.
Our website is reputable, 100% authentic, guaranteed. It’s also easy to browse since you can filter all of our necklaces and chains by width, karat, gender, price, and more. You can customize all of our necklaces to your desired length.
Founder of ItsHot.com
Denis Stepansky is a founder of ItsHot, a diamond jewelry and watches store based in NYC. He has been in the jewelry business for about 20 years and owns such high-end jewelry brands as Luccello and Luxurman. As a jewelry expert, he has citations on well-known magazines and newspapers like Insider and Daily Mail.
Sorry, only registered users can add to wishlist. Please log in or register.