What Is the Best Place to Buy Diamond Earrings?
Real diamond earrings are a staple fashion accessory. There are so many ways to style diamond earrings for men and women. They work with elegant, dressy outfits, street styles, casual daily wear, and pretty much anything you can think of.
Because diamond earrings are so versatile, it’s important to buy a pair of quality diamond earrings that will last you years. They don’t go out of style, so why settle for a cheap pair of knock-off diamond studs if you can find the right store to buy an affordable pair of high-quality diamond earrings? Finding the best place to buy cheap diamond earrings for excellent quality isn’t always so easy.
Located in NYC’s Diamond District, our ItsHot staff knows a thing or two about diamonds. We’ve put together a buying guide to help you figure out which jewelers and online stores provide the best affordable real diamond earrings.
Quick Navigation [Hide]
- Manufacturer And Wholesale Jewelry
- Middle-Man Online Retail Stores
- Marketplaces Like Amazon
- Brick-And-Mortar Stores
- Diamond Earrings Buying Guide
- Final Thoughts
Manufacturer and Wholesale Jewelry
Regular Price: $2,469.00
Special Price $599.00Earn 2,995 ItsHot Reward Points
Regular Price: $5,335.00
Special Price $2,009.00Earn 10,045 ItsHot Reward Points
Regular Price: $2,220.00
Special Price $999.00Earn 4,995 ItsHot Reward Points
Buying jewelry from the manufacturer is a great way to buy quality diamond jewelry cheaply. Jewelry manufacturers produce their jewelry themselves and offer it directly to customers, or they sell it wholesale to other retailers.
Buying wholesale jewelry is a common practice for retail businesses that wish to sell jewelry. If you’ve ever shopped in a boutique, there’s a good chance that they bought the jewelry that they’re selling from a wholesale jewelry supplier.
Did you know that you can buy jewelry from the manufacturer even if you’re not a retailer? Let’s get into the pros and cons of buying wholesale diamond earrings.
Pros of Buying Wholesale Jewelry
- It costs less: Buying jewelry directly from the manufacturer means you can get quality jewelry much more cheaply per item than you would in a middle-man retail store.
- Save on shipping: Buying wholesale jewelry online reduces shipping costs. Buying retail jewelry means that shipping costs will add up significantly.
- Profitable for your business: Because manufacturer-produced jewelry is so discounted, you can sell it for its retail value in your online store or small business store. The profits really add up.
- More eco-friendly: Because you can buy wholesale jewelry in bulk, it reduces packaging materials, creating less waste.
- Acquire larger supply: You can stock up on wholesale jewelry pieces that are really popular with your customers, and you can offer them more in-stock designs, closing sales more easily.
- Affiliate programs available: Some wholesale jewelry sellers have affiliate programs for e-commerce, which converts more traffic and drives higher revenue.
- Access exclusive products: Buying wholesale gives you the opportunity to buy fine jewelry that isn’t available online. This prevents competition between your store and the wholesale website
The best place to buy diamond earrings online for your retail business is at a reputable wholesale jeweler, such as ItsHot. Here at ItsHot, we offer manufacturer jewelry for the consumer, as well as low-priced wholesale diamond jewelry. We have wholesale diamond earrings, diamond jewelry, and diamond watches for you to buy cheap diamond jewelry for your business.
If you want to cut costs, make a bigger profit, buy diamond jewelry in bulk, shopping wholesale jewelry is the best way to get a great deal. You can also buy wholesale loose diamonds for you to choose your own diamond shape, color, and size for your diamond earrings to cut costs for your jewelry business.
Cons of Buying Wholesale Jewelry
- Buying in bulk means higher up-front costs: Some brand new small jewelry businesses can’t afford to buy diamond jewelry in bulk until they’re more established.
- Often requires membership: Some wholesale stores require a membership fee (such as Costco or BJ’s). If your store doesn’t go through inventory quickly, you may wish to avoid stores with large fees or opt for free jewelry wholesale memberships.
- Requires storage space: If you sell jewelry online or in a store, you’ll need enough convenient space to store your bulk jewelry. This can be an obstacle for tiny stores.
- Not all wholesale is equal: There are many jewelry wholesale businesses across the world. Not all jewelry wholesalers produce fine jewelry or the latest styles. You need to buy from the right manufacturer whose jewelry fits your customers’ needs in terms of quality and designs.
- Brands are limited: Manufacturers won’t sell a wide variety of brands like standard retail stores.
If you’re a new jewelry business, you might not know how much inventory you’re going to need. Additionally, you might not yet be able to afford to buy bulk. Many successful retailers take out a business loan to buy wholesale jewelry so that they can offer their customers a variety of styles in their stock, to profit quickly, and hit the ground running.
If you like jewelry and also run a business, you could buy cheap wholesale diamond earrings for yourself and sell the rest. Some stores have a low minimum for wholesale jewelry requirements.
Something to look out for when buying wholesale jewelry is buying bulk from international suppliers. You can often buy cheap sterling silver jewelry from China, but the styles might not match local styles in the US. For example, you’re not going to find the best NYC-style jewelry from other countries.
What to Look For in Manufacturer Websites
To assure you’re getting the best deals and quality, there are a few things to look for in wholesale jewelry websites or manufacturer-to-customer websites:
- Available terms and conditions for affiliate programs
- Clear return policies and product warranty information
- Reputable reviews from buyers
- Established cooperating businesses
- Prices that reflect market standards
- Information on the location of the physical store or warehouse
- Good response time for customer contact
- Vast inventory options and a regular introduction of new products
The last thing you want to end up doing is buying jewelry in bulk that doesn’t meet your expectations. You might feel like you’re getting a good deal on a shipment of diamond earrings, but when they arrive, you find out that the quality is sub-par. Establish good communication with your manufacturer/seller before placing large orders.
Regular Price: $529.00
Special Price $299.00Earn 1,495 ItsHot Reward Points
Regular Price: $4,895.00
Special Price $2,400.00Earn 12,000 ItsHot Reward Points
Regular Price: $997.00
Special Price $499.00Earn 2,495 ItsHot Reward Points
Middle-Man Online Retail Stores
Another way to buy cheap diamond earrings online is to shop online jewelry retail stores. Online retail stores differ from wholesale or manufacturer retail jewelry by having a “middle-man.” In middle-man retail, you buy from a store that has purchased its jewelry inventory from another store.
Pros of Middle-Man Online Stores
- Easier to shop the entire inventory
- Shop a greater number of different brands
- Good for buying small quantities
- Membership rarely required
- Faster shipping and returns
- Shop local online retail businesses, form connections with seller
If you’re looking for a few pieces of jewelry to add to your collection, or if you want to explore different diamond earring brands, or support local retail businesses, online middle-man retail stores are a good way to find cheap diamond jewelry. You just have to know what a good deal is and what’s not.
Cons of Middle-Man Online Stores
- More expensive than buying from the manufacturer
- Reduced profit margin for selling in your store
- More packaging materials
- Buying larger quantities adds up
- Limited access to exclusive designs
- No affiliate profits
If you run your own small business, you have a smaller margin of profit when you resell jewelry from standard online retail stores. You have to charge on top of the price of the retailer.
Marketplaces like Amazon
Another option for looking for cheap diamond jewelry is shopping online marketplaces. A marketplace is a platform that hosts different sellers who offer their products or services to the marketplace’s customer base.
If you’ve ever shopped for cheap diamond earrings on Amazon, you may have noticed that there are various sellers who offer their diamond jewelry there, but not all brands. Furthermore, the prices seem to be all over the place. Why do Amazon’s prices change so often? How can you know if you’re getting a good deal or not?
Pros of Buying from Marketplaces
- Free shipping often available
- Fast shipping often available
- Access to sellers who don’t have their own website
- Easy to check reviews
- Fast shipping
- Pre-ordering sometimes available
- Special deals on certain days
- Better for costume jewelry, diamond simulants
Ordering diamond earrings from marketplaces like Amazon can provide conveniences that other online stores don’t have. You can often get free shipping and two-day shipping, although it may require membership.
Additionally, it’s easy to check reviews on products and to sort product searches by reviews, which can make you more confident in your purchases. You can also view sellers who only offer their products on Amazon, and don’t have a physical store or their own website.
However, the pros of buying from Amazon or other marketplaces aren’t as useful when looking to buy diamond earrings or other real gold jewelry. It’s unlikely that you will find real diamond earrings or gold or silver jewelry for cheaper than retail value, even if products seem to go on sale.
Cons of Buying from Marketplaces
- Price will be higher buying jewelry from Amazon—sellers have to pay Amazon fees for each item they sell, so they add an upcharge
- Limited brands and sellers for real diamond earrings
- Shipping advantages may require a paid membership
- New sellers often don’t have reviews; not all are reputable
- Product images/descriptions may be misleading
- Contacting sellers can be difficult
- Returns can be difficult
- No rewards points or affiliate sales
- Algorithms change prices every 15 minutes
- Pricing can go up and down
There are many cons of buying diamond jewelry from Amazon and other e-marketplaces. The number of sellers or brands available may be limited, and many new products won’t have reviews for you to use.
Furthermore, many jewelry and other products sold on Amazon are more expensive there than in-store or on websites. If you’ve ever wondered why things are more expensive on Amazon than in stores, it’s because sellers owe fees to Amazon for each item they sell. To make as much profit as they would in-store, they have to increase the price to make up for Amazon’s cut.
Amazon’s prices fluctuate all of the time; as often as every 15 minutes. During Christmas, some kids’ toys start out at $50 and end up costing $500 towards the end of December. This isn’t because the toy is worth that much; it’s just that it’s in high demand, but there are few left. Don’t fall into buying expensive diamond earrings on Amazon without researching the brand—there’s always a chance they could just be priced way high due to Amazon’s imprecise algorithms (Wayfair, another marketplace, does this too).
Contacting the seller can be difficult, especially for international sellers. Furthermore, you might not be able to find a deal on cheap diamond earrings or other jewelry at the time that you need them. You might pay $600 on a pair of solitaire diamond stud earrings, and a month later, the price might be $550, or $640. Return policies may differ from seller to seller, and it can be harder to find that information.
Buying jewelry from marketplaces isn’t always reliable. Some sellers may disappear after selling their inventory, making it hard to find them or contact them if you’ve been misled. Before buying diamond jewelry on a marketplace, research the individual seller or brand beforehand, and make sure you can contact them if they stop selling on the marketplace.
Regular Price: $995.00
Special Price $499.00Earn 2,495 ItsHot Reward Points
What is a brick-and-mortar jewelry store? A brick-and-mortar store is a traditional street-side store building that offers products or services to customers in a face-to-face way. These stores may or may not also have a website, that may or may not offer an opportunity to purchase things from their inventory.
Some people still prefer to buy their jewelry from a physical store, while others prefer shopping for jewelry deals online.
Pros of Buying from Brick-and-Mortar Stores
- You can look at the jewelry in-person
- You can try on the jewelry
- Often have more credit plans for financing large purchases
- Form a relationship with jewelers to come back for maintenance/advice
- Good for instant purchases—no shipping or waiting
- Easy to ask workers questions and get recommendations
- Easy to figure out sizing and necklace length
- Support local businesses and brands
There’s something a bit more magical about buying jewelry in a physical store. You can get a much better idea of what jewelry looks like in-person than online.
For example, you can see how big a pair of diamond hoop earrings will look on your ear more easily than reading its measurements and figuring it out. You’ll avoid the mishap of buying something online only to get it and find it way smaller than you imagined.
Because diamond jewelry, gold, sterling silver, and rings require maintenance, it’s good to establish that relationship in-person, so you can return for questions or annual jewelry cleaning.
Cons of Buying from Brick-and-Mortar Stores
- Not all jewelry sellers are knowledgeable about jewelry
- Workers may prioritize making a sale over educating you on their jewelry
- Often have fewer sales than online jewelry stores
- Might not have a large clearance selection, if at all
- Can be harder to compare prices and search for jewelry
While physical jewelry stores offer many benefits and provide jewelry without a wait or shipping cost, not every jewelry store is equal when it comes to the helpfulness of employees.
The problem is that it can be hard to find employees who prioritize customer needs over making sales. They might not show you the cheapest diamond jewelry options, but rather the latest products, or the biggest brands.
Furthermore, good online stores have detailed search filters to help you sort jewelry products by carat weight, price, size, and material. It can be harder to find a selection of jewelry that fits your exact preferences in a big jewelry store. Even if the worker directs you to some diamond earrings that suit your preferences, they might be forgetting about other products in their inventory that you could find online.
What to Look For in a Brick-and-Mortar Jewelry Store
The best jewelry stores will have employees who are knowledgeable about their products and value your budget, style preferences, and criteria for selecting jewelry, and they will help direct you towards those products.
The best jewelry stores will also have a website to help you search their inventory on your mobile device while you’re in-store, or they can search it for you through their online database.
- Be wary of employees who push certain products regardless of your preferences and budget.
- Be wary of stores that lower prices right before you buy it.
- Don’t always trust appraisals that come from stores—they might over-appraise their jewelry to make it seem like a good deal when selling their products.
A store’s reputation says a lot about its customer service. However, some stores might have a good reputation, but they’ve been bought out by another company that might try to cut costs or over-promote products, without adjusting prices for market variations.
It’s a good idea to do your research on any store before buying jewelry, even if you’re in a rush or excited to make a purchase immediately.
In case you’re wondering, what is the best place to buy diamond earrings in NYC? Definitely, ItsHot, since we’re located right in New York’s Diamond District and have incredible selections of affordable diamond earrings. Fortunately, even if you’re not living in New York City, you can access our huge inventory online!
Are auctions a good place to find diamond jewelry cheap? It depends. What exactly is an auction? An auction is an event where sellers submit their products and offer them to potential buyers to place competitive bids on those assets (or services). Sellers and buyers like auctions because they believe they will get a good deal.
It can be an open or closed auction. Auctions can also be online or a traditional auction, the two of which have several differences. What are the risks of buying jewelry from auctions, and what are the potential benefits?
Pros of Buying from Auctions
- Vast range of designs, brands, prices, and styles to bid on
- Unique vintage and antique jewelry options
- You can win quality jewelry on a low bid if others aren’t as interested
- You can acquire market prices or manufacturer prices rather than retail prices
- Some sellers are very knowledgeable on jewelry and may provide authentic certificates to prove their product’s worth
Some auctions are done by reputable organizers and include only trustworthy and responsible vendors. The bidders may be jewelers who understand the market value, so they’re not going to place bids that drive the price past its retail value.
If you do your research, you may be able to score quality jewelry for prices lower than you could find in stores.
Cons of Buying from Auctions
- Buying from auctions takes more time than buying online or in-store
- You don’t have options for customizing products, choosing styles or different materials
- Items are second-hand/used—you want to be careful buying used earrings
- Getting good deals requires a lot of research and familiarity with the jewelry
- Auctions can range wildly in terms of seller trustworthiness
- Sellers can choose “as is” or “see photo for details” so if you buy fake diamonds, you’re stuck with them
- Sellers can produce fake certificates of authenticity in auctions that aren’t controlled by reputable organizers
- Jewelry may need maintenance after you buy it—you might have to wait a while to wear it.
Buying jewelry from an auction is a bit like gambling. Although your best bet to get a good deal in an auction is to do research, sometimes you still might end up buying fake jewelry or getting ripped off. Other times, bidders may really want a piece, and drive the price up—you could win an auction but end up paying more than you would in retail stores.
Another thing to consider about buying diamond earrings from an auction is that they’re most likely going to be used earrings. You’ll want to carefully sanitize them before wearing them; but if this is something that bothers you, you’re better off buying new and unused earrings.
The other problem with second-hand auction jewelry is that it may require more maintenance or repairs down the road. It might not come with its original box or papers, making it a bit of a risk to buy. If you do buy second-hand jewelry, you want to know as much as you can about it, and take care to make all repairs needed as soon as possible—before wearing the jewelry.
The best way to bid on jewelry in auctions is to do a lot of research, on the products, seller, auction, and terms and conditions. Don’t impulse bid!
Diamond Earrings Buying Guide
Regular Price: $3,322.00
Special Price $1,495.00Earn 7,475 ItsHot Reward Points
Regular Price: $20,077.00
Special Price $9,035.00Earn 45,175 ItsHot Reward Points
Regular Price: $1,331.00
Special Price $699.00Earn 3,495 ItsHot Reward Points
It can be surprisingly difficult to find cheap diamond earrings that are quality. While diamonds have a consistent market value for quality grade and carat number, the reason that prices can vary so much is that stores will charge more for the earring based on how fashionable the design is, rather than the quality of materials.
Here’s a guide for choosing the best places to buy cheap real diamond earrings that are quality, and to avoid sellers who have bad deals or products that aren’t authentic.
How to Determine Quality Cheap Diamond Earrings
To help determine the best place to buy diamond earrings online or in-store, do a bit of research on your phone or computer.
- Look at the carat weight of the diamonds and quality grade (if available).
- Compare diamond prices to estimate the cost of the diamonds alone.
- Look at the materials of the diamond earring—how many karats of gold, if it’s a silver-tone, is it real sterling silver, white gold, or platinum, or is it a cheaper metal?
- If it’s silver-plated, gold-plated, silver-filled, or gold-filled, the price is most likely too expensive for what it’s worth (plated and filled jewelry contains only thin layers of real silver or gold).
- Examine the design—is it high-quality? Does it have expert craftsmanship? Or does it seem cheaply made? (I.e. blurry or inconsistent emboss, excess material from factory molding)
- Consider the quality of the craftsmanship, the diamond carat weight/grade, and metal purity to assess the price.
Just because the diamond earrings for sale have real diamonds or real gold does not mean that the jewelry always warrants the asking price.
Expert craftsmanship plays as much of a role in the longevity of your diamond earrings as the purity of metals or authenticity of diamonds. In poorly-made jewelry, the diamonds could fall out of the earrings, or the earring metal could corrode if its plating wears off.
You don’t have to worry about craftsmanship in our jewelry selection. The best place to buy diamond stud earrings online is right here at ItsHot, where we have the finest gold diamond jewelry craftsmanship.
Tips for Choosing Diamond Earrings
Fortunately for those on a budget, the quality and grade of diamonds is usually lower for diamond earrings than diamond rings. Here are some tips for choosing the best affordable diamond stud earrings and diamond hoop earrings that won’t break the bank.
- Cut matters more than carat. The most important aspect of diamond stud earrings for men and for women is the brilliance of the gemstone. Of course, large diamonds are going to sparkle brilliantly, but even a set of ½ carat diamond earrings for men or for women is going to look luxurious if it has an expert round cut, while an emerald cut reduces brilliance but provides more surface area.
- Carat weight matters more than the individual carat. Diamond prices increase significantly with carat count. You can give the impression of very expensive diamond jewelry while paying less by opting for numerous smaller diamonds that provide a higher carat weight. Clustered diamond earrings are more affordable but just as brilliant as high-carate solitaire diamonds.
- White gold for clear-color earrings, yellow gold for lower-grade diamonds. White gold will really bring out the brilliance of clear diamonds with good color and clarity, while yellow gold can help you save money on lesser diamonds by hiding any yellowish tints in the diamonds.
- Choose prong settings to make diamonds look larger, bezel settings for lower-quality diamonds. Prong settings will make even low-carat diamonds appear bigger than they are. Bezel settings are great for hiding diamond inclusions and flaws, and pave settings can make multiple diamonds appear endless. Other settings are also good, specific settings maximize unique designs in diamond earrings and diamond qualities.
- Consider black diamond earrings for affordability and durability. Black diamond earrings for men are really popular, and they’re growing in popularity for women. Some people think black diamonds are cursed, but if being cheaper is a curse, we’re all for it. As an added benefit, back diamonds are the strongest material on Earth, even stronger than white diamonds.
Whether you’re looking for diamond stud earrings, diamond hoop earrings, diamond drop earrings, or more, the individual elements (setting, cut, gold color, gemstone, etc) matter just as much, if not more, than the diamonds themselves.
For more tips for buying quality diamond jewelry at good prices, check out our diamonds buying guide in our educational blog section.
Finding cheap diamond earrings that look good, are high-quality, and are worth your investment isn’t easy. It requires a lot of research, but hopefully, after reading our diamond earring buying guide, you’ve already done a lot of leg-work.
We encourage readers to buy diamond earrings in official online stores featured by jewelry manufacturers, in particular, ItsHot. These stores are the best place to buy diamond jewelry because it gives the customer the tools they need to educate themselves about the store, the jewelry, the warranties, wholesale options, and more—at their own pace, without being pressured to find something.
Our massive online inventory would be hard to shop in person, but thanks to our website filter tools, you can filter products by price, gold karat, category, men’s, women’s, and unisex jewelry, diamond carat weight, and more. You can chat with an expert in our store without leaving your computer or device. We think it’s important to provide the customer with everything they need to become experts at choosing jewelry.
Overall, we recommend shopping stores like us that offer a variety of inexpensive options. We provide wholesale diamond earrings and jewelry, luxury designer jewelry, diamond watches, clearance diamond jewelry, at wholesale prices, product reviews, reliable customer service, and professional assistance.
Furthermore, we have a range of celebrity customers such as Kim Kardashian, Michael B. Jordan, 50 Cent, Zendaya, and Neil Patrick Harris who go to us for quality jewelry.
So, what is the best place to buy diamond earrings online? ItsHot is hard to beat. To assure customer satisfaction, we offer 30-day money-back guarantee returns, as well as a 1-year warranty.
Founder of ItsHot.com
Denis Stepansky is a founder of ItsHot, a diamond jewelry and watches store based in NYC. He has been in the jewelry business for about 20 years and owns such high-end jewelry brands as Luccello and Luxurman. As a jewelry expert, he has citations on well-known magazines and newspapers like Insider and Daily Mail.
Sorry, only registered users can add to wishlist. Please log in or register.